10 March HOME OF THE YEAR FINALISTS…
The Rammed Earth House by Justin and Louise Wright of Assembly Architects. Photograph by Simon Devitt.
The six homes left standing in our Home of the Year award. The judges have visited the homes, and some tough calls have been made. So we’re delighted to present the six finalists in the 2015 Home of the Year award. These have been selected from the shortlist of 10 homes chosen by our Home of the Year judges: Los Angeles-based architect Julie Eizenberg, Nat Cheshire of Auckland’s Cheshire Architects, and HOME editor Jeremy Hansen.
The winner of the $15,000 first prize (thanks to our award partners Altherm Window Systems) will be announced at our Home of the Year event on Wednesday April 8, with our bumper (180 pages!) Home of the Year 20th anniversary issue on newsstands from April 9.
We’ll introduce the finalists in alphabetical order of the architecture firm’s name.
- The Rammed Earth House by Justin and Louise Wright of Assembly Architects
- The Titrangi Red House by Ken Crosson
- The offSET House by Jeremy Smith of Irving Smith Architects
- A Waikato home by Pattersons
- The E-Type House by Richard Naish of RTA Studio
- The Rock House by Stevens Lawson