CUPOLEX® foundation slab System is, the most cost effective, advanced and sustainable solution for residential and commercial buildings. It is manufactured in New Zealand using 100% recycled non-toxic polypropylene.
Each dome easily inter-connects to create a self supporting permanent form-work structure that uses the age old principals of arches, domes and columns to give strength and transfer loads across the slab. That structural element eliminates the requirement for any internal reinforcing steel in non load bearing areas of the slab, (In typical soil conditions found in New Zealand) less concrete is required and the domes act as a chair meaning mesh sits directly on top of the Cupolex. All this means labour and materials are significantly reduced.
CUPOLEX® provides an air void under the foundation which lends itself perfectly for the venting of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC's), Radon Gas and humidity or moisture to be passively vented away from the slab.
Developments built on former dump sites with high levels of methane or areas with high levels of thermal activity are particularly suited to the use of CUPOLEX®
Go Green and save money. “CUPOLEX® ticks all the boxes”.
• Made in New Zealand
• Easy to understand cost effective engineering service
• Arrives on site palletised and ready to be installed
• Eliminates messy site clutter
• Will not blow away from site or leave off-cuts and waste that end up in our waterways
• Zero waste created
• Quick and simple to install
• Can be adapted to any soil classification
• Made out of 100% non-toxic plastic recyclable material
• Unlike other void systems the CUPOLEX® DOMES are strong and sturdy to walk on, potentially reducing work site hazards.
• One pallet of CUPOLEX® covers 53m2 (pallet size is the equivalent volume as 6 polystyrene pods)
• CUPOLEX® components are black and glare free